The mortgage industry has been deeply impacted by the Covid-19 pandemic. Black Knight reported that nearly 4.1 million homeowners are in forbearance programs, representing 7.7% of all active mortgages.
With the increase in the number of forbearance requests, servicers will need to have a process in place so that they can ensure that not a single request goes unanswered.
A smartly designed Mailbox Monitoring System is something that can help servicers manage the forbearance resolution with a high level of quality and consistency. It will make sure that every request coming in is allocated to the relevant processor, in time, and SLAs for response are defined clearly. Through the system, servicers can also keep borrowers informed of options, and reassure them. The solution itself rides on robust technology and a unique ticketing system that tracks every request through to its logical closure and also tracks SLAs, timelines, and flags compliance issues.
What is Mailbox Monitoring System?
Servicers today need to manage the wave of incoming emails from borrowers/internal customers. These could be a forbearance request, routine requests, or complaints. It hence becomes inevitable to have a mechanism to sort through these incoming emails, and then allocate them to relevant processors, based on the request.
Mailbox Monitoring System does all the sorting and allocations.
- Mailroom – scans all paper documents and feeds them to the ticketing system
- Incoming emails come into our ticketing system directly
- The ticketing system indexes the request and then allocates it to a relevant processor
- The Processor uses guidelines/rules, sends an acknowledgment to the borrower
- The system keeps sending notifications/reminders to ensure that you respond on time
- Do not miss on any emails – Ensure that none of the requests goes unanswered
- Faster, prioritized, and relevant follow-ups
- Customizable as per your processes
- With frequent reminders, we ensure responses are made on time to stay compliant
Peoples Processing can customize the processes to the level of detail, as required by the servicer.
Allow us to help you with our unique mailbox management solution for servicers. Reach out to us on firstname.lastname@example.org